- 6th Form
- Subjects studied in 6th form
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
An average Attainment 8 score of 4 as well as a Grade 5 in English Language or Literature. A GCSE Grade B in PE or Merit in PE BTEC is required, alongside a GCSE C Grade in Core and Additional Science or in Biology if Triple Science has been studied. The candidate must also be actively involved in sport outside of the Academy.
- You will need 5 GCSEs at A*– C Level (including Science and Level 5 in English).
- You will need to achieve a B grade or above in GCSE PE or at least merit level if you have completed BTEC Sport in Year 11.
- Any other sporting qualifications that you have will help to boost your application. For example, Leadership level 1/2, Junior Football Organiser Award etc.
The level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent in size to three A Levels. Of the 13 units studied 8 are mandatory and 4 are externally assessed. Mandatory content (72%). External assessment (42%).
What will you study?
Compulsory Units: All students have to study these units:
1. Sport and Exercise Physiology
2. Functional Anatomy
3 Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
4. Field- and Laboratory-based Fitness Testing
5. Applied Research Methods in Sport and Exercise Science
6. Coaching for Performance and Fitness
7. Biomechanics in Sport and Exercise Science
13. Nutrition for Sport and Exercise Performance
8. Specialised Fitness Training
9. Research Project in Sport and Exercise Science
10. Physical Activity for Individual and Group-based Exercise
12. Sociocultural Issues in Sport and Exercise
15. Sports Injury and Assessment
Where can this qualification lead me?
- Sport Development Officers
- Sports Coaching/Instructing
- Activities Centre Staff
- Health Promotion & Fitness
- Personal Trainer
- Management/Administration of Leisure Facilities
- PE Teacher/Sports Lecture
Exam board: Pearson