Get Caught Reading
What are the benefits of reading?
- Children who say they enjoy reading for pleasure are more like to score well on reading assessments compared to pupils who said they enjoyed reading less
- Regularly reading stories or novels outside of school is associated with higher scores in reading assessments
- There’s some evidence to show that the activity is a more important determinant of children’s educational success than their family’s socio-economic status
- It can have a positive impact on pupils’ emotional and social behaviour
- It can have a positive impact on text comprehension and grammar
- Positive reading attitudes are associated with reading more later in life and having increased general knowledge.
Our photographs show that reading is a vital part of everyday life at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred. Think about how much you read in a typical day: text messages, e mails, text books, road signs, food packaging, a computer screen….the list is endless.
Get caught reading and improve your chance of success in future life!