Download our FREE smartphone app today!
TSST Maths Programme for Teachers
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Teaching School is pleased to confirm that we have secured Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) funding to support teachers to enhance their Maths teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of teaching Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four Maths.
Schools looking to increase the capacity in their Maths departments by equipping staff to teach Maths will receive a bursary of £400 on successful completion of the training. For Harris Federation schools there is further top-up funding available.
The aims of the programme are:
- Participants will improve their subject knowledge & confidence in the teaching content of the new National Curriculum for KS3.
- Participants will improve their subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching and assessment requirements of the new GCSE specifications.
- Participants will develop different strategies and improve pedagogy, including leading the learning of all abilities.
There will be 12 twilight sessions between November 2020 and March 2021 - dates to be confirmed and all training will take place online.
Please note that when applying for a place, you signal your commitment to attending all of the sessions. Schools will receive the bursary payment once participants have completed all of the training.
Eligibility and conditions:
TSST is a Government funded programme designed to up-skill teachers and increase capacity. To be eligible for a funded place, teachers need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a non-Maths specialist teaching the subject e.g. a Biology or Chemistry teacher teaching GCSE Maths
- Be a Maths teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- Be a supply teacher who would like to be able to teach Maths
- The programme is fully funded but does not cover travel costs
- Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher
Next steps & application:
There are a very limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place. To apply, please download our TSST application form below. Send the completed form to email@example.com.
For any questions, please contact: Mark Beyer-Woodgate: firstname.lastname@example.org.