Download our FREE smartphone app today!
TSST Maths Programme for Teachers
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Teaching School is pleased to confirm that we have secured Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) funding to support teachers to enhance their Maths teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of teaching Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four Maths.
Schools looking to increase the capacity in their Maths departments by equipping staff to teach Maths will receive a bursary of £700 on successful completion of the training.
The aims of the programme are:
- Participants will improve their subject knowledge & confidence in the teaching content of the new National Curriculum for KS3.
- Participants will improve their subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching and assessment requirements of the new GCSE specifications.
- Participants will develop different strategies and improve pedagogy, including leading the learning of all abilities.
Tuesday 12th November 2019 - Full Day - 9.30am to 5pm
Wednesday 20th November 2019 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Friday 13th December 2019 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Thursday 30th January 2020 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Friday 14th February 2020 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Monday 23rd March 2020 - Full Day - 9.30am to 5pm
Please note that when applying for a place, you signal your commitment to attending all of the dates detailed above. All sessions will be held at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred. Schools will receive the £700 payment once participants have completed all of the training sessions above.
TSST is a Government funded programme designed to up-skill teachers and increase capacity. To be eligible for a funded place, teachers need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a non-Maths specialist teaching the subject e.g. a Biology or Chemistry teacher teaching GCSE Maths
- Be a Maths teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- Be a supply teacher who would like to be able to teach Maths
- The programme is fully funded but does not cover travel costs
- Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher
Next steps & application:
There are a limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place. To apply, please download our TSST application form. Send the completed form to email@example.com by Friday 30th September 2019.