Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Health and Social Care (Extended Diploma)
Health and Social Care Extended Diploma
In September you first exam unit will focus on Human Growth and Development. This will involve an insight into how we learn and develop from before birth to Later adulthood. We will look at everything in our lives that cause us to have delayed development due to different circumstances. In preparation for this unit can you please complete the following over the summer holidays.
- Read the attached newspaper article with reference to poor housing.
- From the article and your own detailed research, produce an information booklet on how poor housing can affects children’s development. Remember development can be in the form of:
You may present this information booklet in any form of your choice and please bring it with you to your first lesson in September.
Please also ensure you bring with you all your identification documents needed for your DBS check application as detailed in the letter you received on Wednesday the 12th July.
Any queries please email:
In addition for Ms McLaren
- Research the Equality Act 2010.
- Create a poster that explains the impact of the legislation on the protected characteristics. Include images, case study examples, facts and figures.
- Be prepared to display and discuss during your first lesson with Miss McLaren in September