At HACH our aim is to provide a broad, inclusive and diverse provision of co-curricular learning and enrichment for our students and subjects they study. This provision is intended to extend pupils’ love of learning beyond the classroom and engage them in further understanding, careers and experience within their desired pathways so that every child has the opportunity to Excel, Exceed and Explore.
We believe that cultural capital is at the heart of a child’s development and understanding of the world. Thich is why students at HACH participate in at least one co-curricular activity every year that they are with us, for a minimum duration of 6 weeks (half a term).
Every subject at HACH offers a co-curricular provision, supporting all types of interests, learners, backgrounds and needs. There is something for everyone in the vast array of topics and skills facilitated and designed by experienced subject specialists.
We wholeheartedly believe that our co-curricular provision should promote wellbeing, community and our HACH character traits of Confidence, Responsibility, Grit, Zest and Kindness; essentials that all young people should possess in order to succeed and have equal opportunities.
Our provision aims to:
- to support the existing taught curriculum and provide opportunities for deeper learning.
- to provide an alternative experience to classroom-based lessons and the taught curriculum.
- to provide students with opportunities to take ownership of learning.
- to encourage students to explore opportunities they might not have considered.
- to support students to continue with their interests and/or to master a skill.
- to provide opportunities for students to collaborate across Key Stages.
- to promote collaborative learning.
- to provide students with opportunities to Excel, Exceed and Explore.
Further to this, in line with our aims, by the end of each Key Stage students will have the opportunity to:
- Visit a University.
- Experience a trip.
- Visit a museum, art gallery, theatre, concert.
- Perform or Present to an audience.
- Participate in a sporting activity.
- Develop a love of reading.
Please find more information on both our Co-Curricular and PE Clubs below.