Download our FREE smartphone app today!
NSST Programmes in MFL, Physics & Maths
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Teaching School Hub is pleased to be able to offer the New Subject Specific Training (NSST) Programme, following the closure of the TSST Programme. We will continue to support teachers to enhance their Maths, Physics and MFL teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of teaching Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four.
Schools can increase the capacity in these departments by equipping staff to teach Maths, Physics and MFL.
Participants of this programme will:
- Improve their subject knowledge & confidence in the teaching content of the new National Curriculum for KS3.
- Improve their subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching and assessment requirements of the new GCSE specifications.
- Develop different strategies and improve pedagogy, including leading the learning of all abilities.
Impact in the classroom:
- Learners at Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four will have high quality learning experiences which will enthuse and inspire, leading to better progress at KS3 and KS4.
There will be 10 twilight sessions between March and June (dates to be confirmed) and all training will take place online.
THERE IS A FEE OF £55 PER SESSION OR 10 SESSIONS FOR £500.
OPEN TO ALL TEACHERS who wish to improve their subject knowledge in Maths, Physics, MFL: French, Spanish or Mandarin, including:
- Teachers who could potentially teach secondary Physics, Maths, French, Spanish or Mandarin in addition to, or as their main subject
- Teachers who are currently teaching secondary Physics, Maths, French, Spanish or Mandarin. (either full-time or in addition to the specialist subject)
- Teachers who are looking to return to the profession
- Newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
- Primary teachers
- Supply teachers and peripatetic teachers
- Teachers without qualified teacher status (QTS) working in schools/academies
- Overseas-trained teachers should be resident and eligible to work in the UK, and actively seeking a post in secondary school or sixth-form college
Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher/Line Manager
Next steps & application:
To apply, please click HERE
For any questions, please contact Teaching School Hub Administrator, Martha Lopez: M.Lopez@harrischaffordhundred.org.uk