Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The Curriculum with Mary Myatt
We are delighted to be able to offer a full day conference by Mary Myatt to discuss some of the key aspects of the new curriculum.
Mary Myatt is an education adviser, writer and speaker. She trained as an R.E. teacher and has also taught English, History, Maths and Latin. A former Local authority adviser and inspector, she works in schools talking to pupils, teachers and leaders about learning, leadership and the curriculum. She maintains that there are no quick fixes and that great outcomes for pupils are not achieved through tick boxes.
- We will consider some of the reasons for reviewing a school’s curriculum to ensure that it is sufficiently broad and balanced for all pupils
- An overview of Ofsted’s ‘intent, implementation and impact’ and what schools might consider to take account of these
- Pupils are asking for more demanding work. The principles of high challenge and low threat can achieve this when we take into account the findings from cognitive science
- We will discuss the importance of concepts in building coherence in curriculum plans
- High quality talks in school underpins an exciting, demanding curriculum for all pupils and we will consider ways of increasing the impact of deliberate, planned oracy
Fore more information, please see the attached flyer or visit: https://marymyatt.com/resources/the-curriculum
Date: 29th January 2020
Venue: Harris Academy Chafford Hundred
To book, please download the application form below and return to Martha Lopez: email@example.com.