Download our FREE smartphone app today!
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 in Health and Social Care
An average Attainment 8 score of 4 as well as a Grade 5 in English Language or Literature.
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the health and social care sector to:
- give you the opportunity to enter employment in the health and social care sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Health and Social Care
- give you the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
- give you a broad knowledge of the health and social care sector, using a variety of teaching and learning methods including external work experience.
The course is worth 180 credits which is the equivalent of 3 A levels.
The course consists of 13 units, of which 8 are mandatory and 4 are externally assessed. The mandatory content is 72% and external assessment is 42%.
The mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 - Human lifespan development
- Unit 2 - Working in Health and Social Care
- Unit 4 - Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Unit 5 - Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Unit 6 - Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Unit 7 - Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Unit 12 - Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Unit 13 - Promoting Public Health
You will also benefit from gaining work experience in a variety of Health and Social Care sectors. These opportunities will aid your career choices and potentially attract you into the sectors.
How will you be assessed.?
During the course you will complete different types of assignment which are internally assessed and then verified externally. There will also be 3 examinations and one set task, all marked externally.
Exam board: Edexcel