Our Academy takes uniform standards very seriously. Our uniform supplier is Khalsa Uniform Supplies. You will be able to purchase from their website which is: https://khalsaschoolwear.co.uk/school/harris-secondary-academy-chafford-hundred/ Full details of the two uniform options can be found below.
- Navy blue Harris blazer (to be purchased from Khalsa only)
- Mid-grey knee-length pleated skirt (to be purchased from Khalsa only) or Mid-grey trousers (no black trousers or jersey material allowed)
- Pale blue blouse or pale blue shirt and tie (to be purchased from Khalsa only)
- White ankle socks or black/navy-blue ankle socks. Plain, no frills or motif
- Plain black tights (no pattern) or navy-blue tights (no pattern), or flesh-coloured tights
- Black Kicker footwear is acceptable as long as it is a shoe or an ankle boot. The Kicker plimsolls/ trainers are not allowed and nor are any other brands that resemble a trainer. If in doubt, contact the school for advice
- V-necked navy-blue Harris jumper can be worn with the blazer (to be purchased from Khalsa only)
- Outdoor coats should be of a serviceable colour and preferably weather-proof
- No jewellery is to be worn (including earrings) by any learner (Religious/SOS jewellery can be worn with previous agreement from Head of Academy by means of a letter stating the religious intent)
- A plain face covering is permissible
- Hair accessories (i.e., hair bands, clips, head veils) should be discrete
- Any fashion/beauty accessory which causes a health and safety risk will be asked to be removed during certain activities for the safety of the student
- No make-up/nail polish/fake nails are to be worn
- No fake eyelashes
Samples are available at school for sizing.
- Harris Polo shirt
- Black shorts
- Black football socks
- Plain white trainers (with non-marking soles)
- Gum shield (obtainable from P.E. Dept.) and Shin pads
- Towel (optional)
Samples are available at reception for sizing.
Please click here to order your uniform online from our uniform supplier Khalsa Schoolwear.
In the first instance we will try to resolve any uniform issue by working with the student and their family. However, students without correct uniform will not be allowed to take part in the typical activities of Academy life. Should a student arrive at the Academy without correct uniform:
- Parents or carers will be asked to bring appropriate uniform as soon as possible, or
- Items of uniform may be loaned to them or, with the permission of the parent or carer, sold to them from the Academy's spare stock, or
- The student will work in the reflection room until the uniform is corrected
At HACH we want to reduce the financial constraints of purchasing a uniform as much as possible. In order to keep our uniform at a competitive price we ensure that:
- Branded uniform has been kept to a minimum
- Branded uniform in PE has been kept to a minimum and only includes the top allowing for choice for the shorts and footwear
- Shirts, trousers, and blouses etc can be purchased from any shop of your choice allowing for choice
- Our uniform does not change regularly to avoid unnecessary costs
- Our policy is reviewed each academic year to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Our supplier Khalsa produces high quality uniform and should last well with proper care
- Our supplier Khalsa, keep the costs competitive compared to other suppliers.
At HACH we will ensure that a there is at least a termly offer for families to purchase high-quality second-hand uniform. We will solicit donations periodically, but you can hand them in at our reception anytime. Any families who are struggling with purchasing HACH uniform contact Mr J Maxted- Vice Principal by calling the academy (01375-484580) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.