Download our FREE smartphone app today!
TSST MFL Programme for Teachers
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Teaching School is pleased to confirm that we have secured Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) funding, to support MFL teachers to enhance their Spanish, French or Mandarin teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of the new GCSE specification.
Schools looking to increase the capacity in their MFL departments by equipping staff to teach French, Spanish or Mandarin will receive a bursary of £700 on successful completion of the training.
This course focuses on both linguistics & pedagogy, and supports MFL teachers wishing to enhance their French, Spanish or Mandarin teaching.
The programme consists of:
- Four afternoon / twilight sessions from 1pm – 5pm
- Two full day session
- Each participant will have a Lead Practitioner as a Mentor to guide them with online support between the sessions
Sessions will cover:
- Holistic foreign language learning
- Conducting an oral exams
- Assessing written papers
- Reading and listening skills
- Opportunities to teach a lesson and get feedback.
The course is designed and delivered by David Shanks and Natalie Blondeau, Harris MFL Consultants who have extensive experience teaching MFL.
Friday 15th November 2019 - Full Day - 9.30am to 5pm
Thursday 28th November 2019 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Tuesday 17th December 2019 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Thursday 23rd January 2020 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Monday 3rd March 2020 - Twilight - 1pm to 5pm
Friday 27th March 2020 - Full Day - 9.30am to 5pm
Please note that when applying for a place, you signal your commitment to attending all of the dates detailed above. All sessions will be held at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred. Schools will receive the £700 payment once participants have completed all of the training sessions below.
Eligibility and conditions:
TSST is a Government funded programme designed to up-skill teachers and increase capacity. Generally speaking, to be eligible for a funded place teachers need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a non-Spanish, French or Mandarin specialist teaching the subject e.g. a French teacher or teacher who will be teaching Spanish or who has just started teaching Spanish
- Be a language teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- Be a supply teacher who would like to be able to teach French, Spanish or Mandarin
- The programme is fully funded but does not cover travel costs
- Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher
- There are a limited number of places available
Next Steps and application:
There are a limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place. To apply, please download our TSST application form. Send the completed form to email@example.com by Friday 30th September 2019.