Download our FREE smartphone app today!
TSST MFL Programme for Teachers
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred Teaching School is pleased to confirm that we have secured Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) funding, to support MFL teachers to enhance their Spanish, French or Mandarin teaching and be equipped to meet the demands of the new GCSE specification.
Schools looking to increase the capacity in their MFL departments by equipping staff to teach French, Spanish or Mandarin will receive a bursary of £400 on successful completion of the training.
This course focuses on both linguistics & pedagogy, and supports MFL teachers wishing to enhance their French, Spanish or Mandarin teaching.
Participants of this programme will:
- Improve their subject knowledge & confidence in the teaching content of the new National Curriculum for KS3.
- Improve their subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching and assessment requirements of the new GCSE specifications.
- Develop different strategies and improve pedagogy, including leading the learning of all abilities.
Sessions will cover:
- Holistic foreign language learning
- Conducting an oral exams
- Assessing written papers
- Reading and listening skills
- Opportunities to teach a lesson and get feedback.
The course is designed by David Shanks and Natalie Blondeau, Harris MFL Consultants who have extensive experience teaching MFL.
There will be 12 twilight sessions between November 2020 and March 2021 - dates to be confirmed and all training will take place online.
Please note that when applying for a place, you signal your commitment to attending all of the sessions. Schools will receive the bursary payment once participants have completed all of the training.
Eligibility and conditions:
TSST is a Government funded programme designed to up-skill teachers and increase capacity. Generally speaking, to be eligible for a funded place teachers need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a non-Spanish, French or Mandarin specialist teaching the subject e.g. a French teacher or teacher who will be teaching Spanish or who has just started teaching Spanish
- Be a language teacher returning to the profession after an extended break
- Be a supply teacher who would like to be able to teach French, Spanish or Mandarin
- The programme is fully funded
- Applications can only be made with full support of the Head Teacher
- There are a limited number of places available
Next Steps and application:
There are a very limited number of places available and these are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. We therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to secure your place. To apply, please download our TSST application form below. Send the completed form to email@example.com.
For any questions, please contact: Mark Beyer-Woodgate: firstname.lastname@example.org.