Download our FREE smartphone app today!
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport
An average Attainment 8 score of 4 as well as a Grade 5 in English Language or Literature. A GCSE Grade 6 in PE or Merit in PE BTEC is required, alongside a GCSE 5 Grade in Core and Additional Science or in Biology if Triple Science has been studied. The candidate must also be actively involved in sport outside of the Academy.
- You will need 5 GCSEs at 9– 5 Level (including Science and Level 5 in English).
- You will need to achieve a 6 grade or above in GCSE PE or at least merit level if you have completed BTEC Sport in Year 11.
- Any other sporting qualifications that you have will help to boost your application. For example Leadership level 1/2, Junior Football Organiser Award etc.
What will you study?
Externally Assessed Units: All students have to study these units:
19- development & provision of sport
22 - investigating business in sport
Internally Assessed Units:
3 Professional Development in Sport
5-applied fitness testing
7- practical sport performance
8-coaching in performance
9- Research Methods
23 - skill acquisition
25 - rules and regulations
26 - technical and tactical demands
Where can this qualification lead me?
- Sport Development Officers
- Sports Coaching/Instructing
- Activities Centre Staff
- Health Promotion & Fitness
- Personal Trainer
- Management/Administration of Leisure Facilities
- PE Teacher/Sports Lecture
âHow will you be assessed?
Assessment is specifically designed to fit the purpose and objective of the qualification. It includes a range of assessment types and styles suited to vocational qualifications in the sector. There are three main forms of assessment that you need to be aware of: external, internal and synoptic. Internal and external assessments are based on realistic scenarios.
There are also external exam components for the BTEC that you are required to pass in order to achieve your final results.