Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Year12 Philosophy and Ethics
- AQA A-level Religious Studies Year 1: Including AS, by John Frye. Hodder Education. ISBN: 9781471873959 (a must have)
- My Revision Notes Religious Studies: Paper 2 Study of Christianity and Dialogues. By Sheila Butler. Hodder Education. ISBN:9781510425880 (highly recommended)
- The Puzzle of Ethics by Peter Vardy & Paul Grosch
- The Puzzle of God by Peter Vardy
- The Puzzle of Christianity by Peter Vardy
Optional Addition: The Thinker’s Guide to Evil by Peter Vardy & Julie Arliss
- Read the two articles: ‘Are Values Relative to Culture?’ By Harry J. Gensler and Mary Grace Tokmenko and ‘Morality is a Culturally Conditioned Response’ by Jesse Prinze as well as the sample student essay regarding the concept of relative morality.
- Research what is meant by ‘absolute morality’. What examples can you find?
- Research how absolute and relative morality are related to deontological and teleological ethics
- Extended Written Task: Use all reading task from step 1 and the research tasks from step 2 and step 3 to write you own evidenced explanation regarding the different types of morality. You should aim to write at least one A4 page. You may find reading some of the Puzzle of Ethics useful for this. You have also find an exploration of the website here very useful: http://peped.org/philosophicalinvestigations/