Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on September 7th 2017
GCSE Students Continue to Excel
Students at HACH continue to excel in their GCSE examinations. It was a pleasure to see them opening their results with excitement today. We would like to share with you the following highlights:
· The average grade for all students at GCSE in 2017 was B overall
· 84% of students secured at least the new level 4 pass in English and 78% in maths
· 30% of GCSEs taken resulted in a grade A/A* or 7 -9, the government’s new initiative for higher grades; this includes examinations in English and maths
· Indeed, almost 20% of students achieved 8 or more A/A* (or level 7-9) grades overall, with 11% achieving 10 or more of the highest grades
· 40% of students achieved the government’s ebacc measure
· The academy continues to champion lower ability, disadvantaged and SEN students, all of whom have enjoyed great success.
We would like to highlight the performance of some exceptional students:
Fope Adedeji : 12 A*s and As
Jan Atik : 13 A*s and As
Ryan Bennett: 11 A*s and As
Harry Blackburn: 10 A*s and As
Jessica Chan: 11 A*s and As
Tong Chan: 14 A*s and As
Tamika Ekpang: 10A*s and As
Ellie Gowrley: 14 A*s and As
Ciaran Gunning: 12 A*s and As
Joseph Kaley: 11 A*s and As
Rachel Lam: 11 A*s and As
Sarah Lam: 13 A*s and As
Vanessa Oshahova: 11 A*s and As
Daniel Simms: 13 A*s
Annabel Speers: 13 A*s and As
Benjamin Udrzal: 12 A*s and As
Owoche Unogwu: 11 A*s and As
Elliot Walker: 12 A*s and As
Harrison Walker: 14 A*s and As
(Grades 7-9 in Maths & English are included as A/A*)
A number of our Year Ten students have taken GCSE examinations and have also achieved very highly, which will give them a strong start to Year Eleven. 40% of the students who sat Sociology GCSE achieved an A/A* grade and 32% of those taking Media Studies also secured an A/A* grade. Furthermore, a small cohort of Year Ten students sat examinations in Latin for the first time in the history of the school, all achieving an A*grade.
Congratulations to all of our wonderful students!